Chocolate nutty heaven 🍫
We made these peanut cookies over the weekend and froze them for the week ahead to avoid us snacking on all the bad stuff. We also love to freeze treats as it stops you eating the whole lot in one go 😂 (and yes we need will power when it comes to chocolate!)
These are vegan friendly & taste like the real deal except healthier. They’re the perfect healthy option with a coffee, pre gym fueler or on the road muncher.
All plant based ingredients. All simply delicious😍
- 150g porridge oats
- 100 smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 50ml maple syrup (or honey)
- 50g coconut sugar 🥥
- 35g spelt/rye or plain flour
-handful of walnuts
For the icing🌱
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 100g of peanut butter
-8 tablespoons almond/ coconut or regular milk 🥛
-Preheat oven to 190 degrees & line a baking tray with baking paper or use muffin containers.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop the mixture into balls and place them onto the baking tray, flattening them to form cookie shapes.
-Bake for 15-20 mins until golden.
-while your waiting for them to cool place all the icing ingredients into a bowl and heat in the microwave. Mix & leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Scoop icing onto the top of each cookie, sprinkle with desiccated coconut & enjoy.
Tip: stack the cookies on top of each other & enjoy as a sandwich